Basic Skills Assessment Tool (BST)
All students (including transfers) wishing to enroll in MATH 104 for the upcoming semester will need to take and pass the BST prior to registration (with a minimum score of 80%). Students transferring 104 credit and wishing to enroll in MATH 105 for the upcoming semester will also need to take and pass the BST prior to registration (with a minimum score of 80%).
The assessment consists of 25 questions that evaluate knowledge in specific content domains. Students have 50 minutes to complete the exam. No calculators or electronic devices may be used. Students will need to present a photo ID (preferably their student ID) and their M number at the testing site.
BST Review Materials
(Note: These materials are for the Basic Skills Assessment Tool only.)
- Practice Exercises
- Practice Exercises Solutions
- Content domains
- Review Videos and Practice Quizzes on Khan Academy
Hard copies of these review materials are available in the Math Department Office (Wickersham 208).
Testing and Review Dates
Note: the Basic Skills Assessment Tool (BST) is for Elementary Education majors and Middle-Level Education majors only - all other students should take the Math Placement Assessment (MPT).
- To register to take the assessment the week of October 18 click here.
- To ensure that you receive access information, please register at least 24-36 hours in advance.
- There will be an opportunity to register for the week of November 1st announced soon.
Note: if you have consistently scored below a 14, you are advised to consider enrolling in MATH 090 to improve your arithmetic skills prior to enrolling in MATH 104.
Please contact Dr. Delray J. Schultz with any questions (email@example.com).
Obtaining your BST Score
- Go to the Millersville University Logins page (https://www.millersville.edu/logins/index.php)
- Select “MAX”
- Log in to your account
- Select “Student Services”
- Select “Registration”
- Select “Placement Exam Scores”
If you passed the BST you will see: Placement results – Math Course 104 Please print this sheet for your records and/or submission to the ELED Department.
If you did not pass the BST you will see: Did not pass Math BST: Score = XX (where XX is the score of your test)