Psychological Assessment And Testing Library
Psychology Testing Library
Psychological assessment is a process of testing that uses a combination of techniques to help arrive at hypotheses regarding a person's behavior, personality, and capabilities.
The purpose of the Psychology Department Testing Library is to provide Millersville University students access to a variety of psychological testing batteries for training purposes. Graduate students in the Clinical, School Psychology, and School Counseling programs utilize these materials to build their knowledge on individual psychological evaluation, as well as to gain practical experience in administering and interpreting individual psychological test batteries.
Policies and Procedures
The Psychology Department Test Library is integrated with the MU library's borrowing system (Voyager) and checking out tests works like checking out a book. You will receive a system-generated email when an item becomes overdue. If not returned within two weeks of the due date, the item is presumed missing and you will be billed for fines and replacement costs.
Procedures for Borrowing and Returning Test Items
- All items are borrowed and returned from Luek 103 with the assistance of the Test Library Graduate Assistants or Student Worker (see office door for hours available).
- You must have a valid MU ID card with you to borrow items.
- Once the test kit is presented to you, you and the GA should immediately check its actual contents against the list of what should be in there (each kit has a laminated Contents card inside).
- Unless specific items are noted as missing BEFORE you leave Luek 103, you are presumed to have a complete kit and are liable for anything missing when the kit is returned.
- When you return the kit, please check to make sure everything is there. BEFORE the kit is scanned for return, the GA or student worker will verify the contents of the kit. If incomplete, the kit will NOT be accepted for check-in. If the materials cannot be located, you will be billed for replacement costs.
Please refrain from using pen/pencil notations within the pages of the kit. Fines or replacement costs of materials will be assessed for damaged items. Most tests have a standard loan period, renewals, fines, etc. as given below. Adjustments may be made at the request of faculty members teaching the assessment courses (details in parentheses apply to the MMPI Test Scoring Templates).
|Loan period:||Two weeks (two days)|
|Option for renewal:||Yes (no)|
|Number of renewals allowed:||Two (no)|
|Renewal period:||One week|
|Fines:||$1.00 per day ($2.00)|
|Grace period:||Two days (one day)|
|Fee for lost or missing items:||Replacement value of kit|
All items are subject to holds, which prevents renewal of the item. Items on hold not checked out within two days of notification of availability will return to circulation (and can be borrowed by another patron).
Office: Susan P. Luek Hall 103
Testing Library Hours
Note: There are limited hours during winter and summer sessions please confirm with the department secretary that someone will be available to assist you. Psychology Main Office 717-871-7266
Fall 2018 Hours
Monday: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8:00am - 4:00pm
Wednesday: 10:45am - 5:30pm
Thursday: 10:30am - 5:30pm
- Inventory Access