Learn about the Master of Education in School Counseling
Thank you for visiting the School Counseling homepage. The Master's of Education School Counseling Program at Millersville University offers a 39-credit program with an option for PDE (Pennsylvania Department of Education) Certification in School Counseling (12 credit hours). It can be completed as a 51-credit master's degree, which is counted towards LPC eligibility in the future. Click here for admission requirements, prerequisites, application deadlines, and the list of class requirements within the program.
Do you have questions about the School Counseling Program at Millersville University? Check out our FAQs page!
Features of Our Program:
- Provides candidates with a multi-disciplinary approach to school counseling through careful examination of knowledge bases and research in the fields of education, psychology, and counseling.
- Emphasizes the combined use of “soft-skills” (e.g., relationship formation and maintenance, etc.) and “hard-skills” (e.g., data-based decision-making, evidence-based practices, etc.) in preparing school counselors as agents of change.
- Provides training in specific skills, theories, and practices necessary for leadership roles in the field of professional school counseling.
- Promotes a cohesive identity of a 21st century school counselor able to envision and implement programs of change and transformation in school settings.
With any further questions, feel free to contact the Graduate Studies Office, or Dr. Richard Joseph Behun.
Please consult the Graduate Catalog for more information about the School Counseling Program.
January 15th for fall admission, April 15th on a space available basis for those who have missed the January deadline (fall). October 1st for spring admission.
For orientation paperwork, detailed plan of work, competency project requirements, and more, log into your D2L account.
- ASCA American School Counselors Association
- PSCA Pennsylvania School Counselors Association
- LCSCA Lancaster County School Counselors Association
- State LPC Law
- Certification Testing Requirements
SELF-GUIDED ONLINE TOUR
Join us from the comforts of home on a self-guided online tour!Start the Tour
Program Coordinator for School counseling:
Dr. Joseph Behun
Office: Susan P. Luek Hall 211 C
program coordinator for the supervisor of guidance services certificate:Dr. Nadine Garner
Office: Susan P. Luek Hall 211BPhone: 717-871-7272
111 Susan P. Luek Hall
PO Box 1002 (1 S. George St)
Millersville, PA 17551
Tel: (717) 871-7301
Fax: (717) 871-7946