Sport Studies Minor
MORE INFORMATION COMING SOON!
The minor in Sport Studies gives students the opportunity to examine the role that sport plays in shaping culture and provides information needed for sport-related careers in the humanities and the social and environmental sciences.
With the new major in Journalism, a minor in Sport Studies is necessary for the University to continue to offer students the opportunity to prepare for careers in Sport Journalism. In addition, students who graduate in a major related to a sport field of study may look to advance their degree status with entry into a respective graduate program. The Sport Studies minor would provide the background necessary to enhance acceptance into one of these graduate programs.
Visit the Undergraduate Admissions page to learn more about admission requirements, access the online admission form, or to request more information today!
View all course descriptions on the University's academic catalog that provides detailed information on all academic programs.
I. Required Courses (6 credits)
- WSSD 350 Sport in North America (3)
- WSSD 384 Current Issues in Sport (3)
II. Electives (12 credits)
- WSSD 454 Sport Leadership; advanced standing (3)
- WSSD 360 International Sport Management (3)
- WSSD 410 International Sport Tour; advanced standing (3)
- WSSD 480 Theory and Technique of Coaching & Sport (3)
- WSSD 485 Performance Enhancement: Mental Training in Sport (3)
- WSSD 486 Special Topics (3)
- WSSD 498 Research; Independent Study (3)
- COMM 429 Topics: Sport Communications (3)
- GEOG 228 Sport Geography (3)