Applying for your Endorsement
Steps to Program Completion
Endorsement students should follow the steps below to be recommended to the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE).
If you have questions, contact your program coordinator or the Department of Field Services at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Please include your M# in all communications. Field Services will communicate any personal information through your Millersville University email.)
Step 1. Complete the MU Request for Recommendation Form
Complete the MU Request for Recommendation form. This form provides information needed to recommend you for your endorsement.
What you will need to complete the form:
- Your PPID number from the TIMS application.
- Provide the address where you will be at after the end of the semester.
Step 2. Complete Your TIMS Application
The TIMS application is available on the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) web site. Please note the following:
1. The cost of the application is $100.
2. The following guides and information are available for your reference:
- MU's TIMS Guide
- Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) TIMS Help/User Guide
- View PDE TIMS FAQ for additional information
- Certification Code and Types
3. NOTE: Your coversheet may say you need “PPST testing.” You do not.
The Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) is the only one who can see your application before you pay. If you feel you made an error or need someone to look at your application, you must contact PDE directly.