Advanced Professional Studies - APS
Click on the Go-Card to submit your Application or Appeal for Admission to APS
- All students must submit an Application for Admission to APS when they have met the criteria listed below.
- Candidates who meet all APS criteria detailed below and who have completed an application will be formally admitted and may register for APS courses.
- Apply online.
- Apply at least five business days before registration to ensure that you do not miss your registration time slot.
- GPA and testing requirements are not appealable.
- If you are in-progress to earn 48 credits or complete pre-requisite courses, or need a concurrent course appeal, please complete the APS form and check the box to be considered for an appeal.
What is APS?
The PA Department of Education (PDE) mandates all teacher certification candidates meet certain criteria.
Millersville University has adopted the APS requirements in order to meet those mandates and be a state approved teacher education program that successfully leads students to certification in the state of Pennsylvania.
Advanced Professional Studies status is required in order to register for Advanced Professional courses.
Millersville University APS Policy - Effective Fall 2015 (Amended 6/2016)
|BSE APS Requirements|
|A minimum of 48 credits in-progress|
|Cumulative GPA of 3.0; GPA of 2.8-2.99 requires higher test scores on Content Area Tests for Certification*|
|Pass one of the FIVE Pre-Service Testing Options*|
|Pass 1 English Composition Course|
|Pass 1 English Literature Course|
|Pass 2 Mathematics Courses (100+ Level)|
|Pass Foundations courses (EDFN211/241) & receive a Favorable Faculty Recommendation|
* Requirement not appealable
|Post-Baccalaureate APS Requirements|
|A minimum of 3 credits|
|Cumulative GPA of 3.0; TCAT admits must complete TCAT requirements for admission|
|Pass Foundations courses (EDFN590/545) and/or receive Favorable Faculty Recommendations from other coursework as designated|