Summer 2023 Open Call for Publication
Call for Participants
The Vilas A. Prabhu Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) invites all faculty (pre-tenure, tenure, and part-time) to collaborate in publishing assignments, syllabi, data sets, classroom materials, learning space materials, and/or books.
Faculty selected as part of this program will openly publish course/learning space materials to an existing open repository while meeting grant program deliverables. All work will be supported by the Vilas A. Prabhu CAE, and Open Call Mentors.
Faculty interested in the program will attend Pedagogy+ Winter 2023, work on revising materials Spring 2023, publish materials by July 1st 2023.
Faculty Publishers will be compensated with $1,000 summer stipend upon successful publication and completion of all deliverables.
- Engage through discussions about pedagogical approaches to facilitating inclusive teaching practices that meet learner needs at Pedagogy+ 2023 and through Spring 2023 FLC meetings.
- Engage through discussion about pedagogical approaches to support student learning, and faculty pedagogical growth at Pedagogy+ 2023 and through Spring 2023 FLC meetings.
- Revise assignments, syllabi, data sets, classroom materials, learning space materials, and/or books that support student learning and engagement.
- Publish assignments, syllabi, data sets, classroom materials, learning space materials, and/or books that support student learning and engagement.
Faculty will receive a copy of the book Inclusive Teaching.
Faculty will attend 3-6 sessions of Pedagogy+ to explore inclusive teaching mindset.
Faculty will attend 2+ Spring 2023 FLC workshops and/or writing workshops.
- Faculty will submit a report on the revision of their materials and publication spaces. Report due March 30th, 2023.
- Faculty will work with Open Publishing Mentors for peer-review and UDL checks.
Faculty will publish classroom or learning space materials to an existing OER platform.
- Materials expected to be published July 1st 2023.
- Final report due July 1st, 2023.
Faculty who complete all appropriate steps and successfully publish will be compensated with a $1,000 summer stipend.
Register for Pedagogy+ and Nicole will reach out to you!
Open Publishing Mentors
- Dr. A Nicole Pfannenstiel, Associate Professor, English & World Languages, Coordinator of the Vilas A. Prabhu Center for Academic Excellence
- Dr. Dan Albert, Associate Professor, Chemistry
- Dr. Chris Stieha , Associate Professor, Biology