About The Center
The purpose of the Millersville University's Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) is to:
- provide professional development across the teaching-learning scholarship spectrum;
- support campus wide learning communities;
- fosters innovative instructional strategies to promote learning through evidence based practice;
- examine local, state, and national trends and potential impact on the campus community;
- respond proactively to university faculty needs; and
- offer resources to support teaching, scholarship, and service endeavors.
The mission of Millersville University’s Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) is to:
- promote excellence in teaching and learning;
- encourage an atmosphere of collaboration and scholarly inquiry as an integral part of teaching and learning;
- provide resources and programs to assist faculty with their professional development as educators;
- promote a campus environment that fosters scholarship;
- encourage teaching practices that are grounded in scholarship;
- enhance learning through support of interdisciplinary collaborations across the university;
- develop services and programs for faculty members of all experience levels;
- engage critical thinking and discussion through open forums; and
- establish and maintain mutually supportive relationships with other institutions of higher education in Pennsylvania.
Types of Programs
The Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) offers a variety of Professional Development Sessions, Instructional Technology Workshops and Sessions, POP-In Events, Scholarship Socials, and Open Forums throughout the academic year. The CAE also facilitates special events, such as the Promotion and Tenure Process Panel Discussion, Grant Opportunity Program Presentations, and the Technology Showcase. In addition, the CAE brings in outside presenters. All of these events and sessions are geared toward faculty members. Suggestions for new topics and presenters are always welcomed. Please contact Dr. A Nicole Pfannenstiel if you have any recommendations.
Plan to attend the CAE events this semester! Check out our Professional Development Opportunities page to see what we have scheduled for this semester.