Summer 2022 OER Development
Open Publishing Grants Summer 2022
The Vilas A. Prabhu Center for Academic Excellence is pleased to announce an Open Publishing Grant Summer 2022. Since 2019 the Vilas A. Prabhu Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) has worked closely with the OER Working Group to provide grant funding and faculty professional development in support of Open Educational Resource (OER) adoption. To date, these collaborative efforts have saved students over 1 million in textbook fees, with faculty adopting free textbooks instead of commercial textbooks.
In further support of this work, the Vilas A. Prabhu Center for Academic Excellence (CAE) will work with 15 faculty members to openly publish course materials during Summer 2022. This program is funded by special, one-time, state funding specifically for OER publication.
Faculty selected as part of this program will openly publish course materials to an existing open repository while meeting grant program deliverables. All work will be supported by the Vilas A. Prabhu CAE. The CAE will help connect faculty work with the expertise of Open Educational Working Group members as appropriate.
Faculty interested in the program will submit an application by Friday April 1th. Awardees will be notified by Friday April 8th. Awardees will be compensated with $1,000 in summer stipend.
- Applications due Friday April 20th, 2022
- Submissions will be reviewed by CAE Coordinator and APAA
- Recipients notified by Friday April 27th, 2022
- Vilas A. Prabhu CAE Professional Development workshop on Creative Commons copyright May 2022
- Working with the OER Working Group, specifically the Librarian-Faculty
- Vilas A. Prabhu CAE Professional Development workshop on Open publishing repositories June 2022
- Working with the OER Working Group
- Open Publishing Grantees will complete Deliverable #1 by July 1st, 2022
- Deliverable #1 report due July 1st, 2022
- Open Publishing Grantees will complete Deliverable #2 and openly publish materials by August 1st, 2022
- Deliverable #2 report due August 1st, 2022
- 13 Open Publishing Grantees $1,000 Summer Stipend pay during Summer 3
- Complete Deliverable #1 by July 1st
- Publish Open Educational Materials to an open repository by August 1st
This is one time funding.
Open Publishing Grants Summer 2022 Application
- Instructor’s Name/Contact (email and campus phone)
- What would you work to publish?
- Given the brevity of the timeline, this grant is open to instructors interested in publishing slides, test banks, homework assignments, handouts, assignments, syllabi, classroom materials, learning objects, case studies, worksheets, examples, problems, etc. In this section, please tell us what combination of course materials your work would focus on updating and openly publishing.
- What need does the publication of these course materials fill?
- Include your timeline to complete the creation and publication of these materials
To submit your application electronically click here!