Commencement Speaker And Honorary Degree Recipients
Nominate Speakers and Honorary Degree Recipients
The Committees on Commencement Speakers and Honorary Degree Recipients invite nominations for Commencement Speakers and Honorary Degree Recipients:
The committee is composed of one representative from each of the following four academic units: Education, Humanities, Science/Math, and Social Sciences, and one member from the non-school faculty, all elected by Faculty Senate for overlapping two-year terms. No representative may serve more than two consecutive terms. A nomination does not ensure acceptance.Submit Your Nomination
Honorary Degree Committee
The Honorary Degree Committee shall consist of twelve members:
- Four trustees, selected by the Council of Trustees
- One graduate student
- Student trustee
- Three faculty representatives, one from each college, elected by Faculty Senate
- Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, ex officio member*
- Vice President for Advancement, to serve as the Chairperson, ex officio member*
- University President, ex officio member*
*Ex-officio members are non-voting members of the committee.
With the exception of the ex-officio members, the term of each committee member shall be for two years. There shall be no prejudice against reappointment or re-election.
Honorary Degree Policy (PDF)
Commencement Speaker Committee
The committee is composed of one representative from each of the following four
academic units as well as two student representatives:
- Social Sciences
- one member from the non-school faculty
- one student representative is a chairperson of the University Board Speakers Committee
- one student is selected by the Student Senate for a one-year term
all elected by Faculty Senate for overlapping two-year terms. No representative may serve more than two consecutive terms.
To be determined.
Questions and Contacts
Please see the FAQs for additional information.
Office of the Registrar
Application to graduate, degree audit, transcripts and diploma mailing questions.
Office of University Events
Ceremony information and guest ticket inquiries.
Caps, gowns, honors cords, stoles, class rings, graduation announcements and yard signs.