Parking Ticket Appeal information
Before appealing your ticket, bear in mind the following points:
- When you became a student, or accepted a position with the university, you agreed to abide by the rules and regulations of the University.
- University Traffic and Parking Regulations are part of the regulations you agreed to abide by.
- Regulations for vehicle registration are stated in the University Catalogs.
- You have read the information provided with your parking permit.
- You are not guaranteed a space nearest your class, dormitory, or place of work, only the ability to locate a space on campus. It is up to you to find a legal parking space.
- Regulations apply all year long, in all weather, days, nights and weekends.
Explain your situation fully. The appeal is decided based on your written explanation. Once a decision has been made, you will be notified by email to the address you provide on your appeal. Please remember to provide a current email address. Your appeal response will be emailed directly to you.
- If the ticket is excused, no further action is necessary on your part.
- If your appeal has been denied, the parking ticket should be paid within 5 days of the mailing date. You can pay online or stop by the parking office to pay in person.
- If more information is necessary or if you desire to second appeal a denied first appeal, please stop in our office for more information.
Unless your ticket is excused, you must respond within 5 days from the mailing date of the appeal by paying the citation or filing second (final) appeal with the Traffic Safety Committee. Otherwise, you lose all rights to further appeal.
Instructions: To appeal a parking ticket, You must first create an account. Once you create an account, Click the ticket icon at the top of the linked page. You will need to have the parking ticket number, license plate number of the vehicle to appeal your parking ticket.
If you read the information above and still wish to appeal your parking ticket:
If you have any questions or need assistance, please email the parking office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 717-871-5964
When you complete your appeal and submit, you will receive an email response when your appeal has been reviewed. Appeal responses vary depending on how many appeals are received each week. Please be patient, you do not need to pay anything until your appeal has been reviewed.