Before appealing your ticket, bear in mind the following points:
- When you became a student, or accepted a position with the university, you agreed to abide by the rules and regulations of the University.
- University Traffic and Parking Regulations are part of the regulations you agreed to abide by.
- Regulations for vehicle registration are stated in the University Catalogs.
- You agreed to secure a copy of the regulations when you registered your vehicle.
- You are not guaranteed a space nearest your class, dormitory, or place of work, only the ability to locate a space on campus. It is up to you to find a legal parking space.
- Regulations apply all year long, in all weather, days, nights and weekends.
Explain your situation fully. The appeal is decided based on your written explanation. Once a decision has been made, you will be notified by mail to the address you provide on your appeal. Please write your current address so we can respond directly to you. If you are staying in a dorm, please put your dorm address as your current address (what dorm / room you are in).
- If the ticket is excused, no further action is necessary on your part.
- If your appeal has been denied, the parking ticket should be paid within 5 days of the mailing date.
- If more information is necessary or if you desire to second appeal a denied first appeal, please stop in our office for more information.
Unless your ticket is excused, you must respond within 5 days from the mailing date of the appeal by paying the citation or filing second (final) appeal with the Traffic Safety Committee. Otherwise, you lose all rights to further appeal.