Graduate Letter of Completion
Letter of Completion in Coaching Education
The purpose of this 9-credit, fully-online Letter of Completion in Coaching Education is for postbaccalaureate students to satisfy all of the courses required by the PIAA coaching requirements.
The Letter of Completion in Coaching Education will serve as a stand-alone program for any interested students with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university. The required undergraduate degree need not be in a Sports Management-related field.
When completing the Letter of Completion in Coaching Education, graduate students can:
- Earn graduate level credits (3 credit courses)
- Satisfy ACT 48 requirements
- Complete courses fully online and can be accessed from anywhere
Courses do count as electives in the Department’s M.Ed. in Sports Management program.
Letter of Completion Required Courses
Required Courses (6 credits total)
- WSSD 551: Coaching of Sport (3 credits)
- WSSD 618: Athletic Injury Prevention and Management (3 credits)
Elective Courses (3 credits total)
- WSSD 581 Analyzing Performance in Sport (3)
- WSSD 582 Sport Psychology (3)
- WSSD 617 Sport Conditioning (3)
- WSSD 621 Nutrition for Exercise and Sport (3)
Learn more information about our undergraduate level PIAA Coaching Requirements here.