Student Learning Outcomes
Content, assignments, and activities are woven throughout our curricula to support the achievement of student learning outcomes. Each course syllabus identifies the specific outcomes that are addressed in the course.
UNDERSTANDING THE STUDENT LEARNING OUTCOMES (SLO)
Our student learning outcomes are guided by our overall program outcome of graduates being prepared to function at their highest level.
By the time you complete your Millersville University degree, you will be prepared to advance your career and meet the student learning outcomes for your degree type!
B.S. SPORT ADMINISTRATION OUTCOMES
- Students will be able to demonstrate adequate knowledge and competencies needed to be successful sports administration professionals in a variety of settings.
- Students will be able to effectively apply knowledge and skills learned throughout the curriculum in real-world settings.
- Students will be able to capably communicate, orally and in writing, as a sport administration professional within various sport settings.
- Students will be able to analyze situations and apply the principles of appropriate leadership skills and behaviors related to sport administration and sport leadership responsibilities.
M.Ed. Sport Management Outcomes
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge and concepts from the core content areas.
- Students will be able to clearly state a research statement or question in the professional field.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and evaluate issues of ethics and social responsibility within the sport industries.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze a sport management issues, problem solve and offer viable solutions.
- Effectively utilize and apply advanced communication skills necessary for success in the sport management environment.
- Students will apply their skills to organize information, make decisions, incorporate research, and communicate effectively to accomplish a common sport management task.