Regulations Governing Minor Course Work:
- There shall be a minimum of 18.0 credit hours with a minimum Millersville QPA of 2.0
- Only one course which does not count toward a major may be counted toward a minor in the same discipline.
- Courses that count toward a minor are also eligible to be used to satisfy the current University-wide General Education requirements subject to normal distribution requirements.
- At least two courses should be at the upper-division level (300-400). Exceptions may be requested upon evidence of program depth.
- No course needed for the minor may be Pass-Fail.
- One-half or more of the work required for the minor must be completed at Millersville University.
Required Courses (12.0 credits):
- WSSD 311 First Aid & CPR or WSSD 482 for MDST SPBU and ALHT SP MED majors
- WSSD 450 Kines & Physio Found of Sport
- WSSD 480 Theory/Tech of Coach & Sport
- WSSD 483 Legal Aspects of Sport or WSSD 452 for MDST SPBU or WSSD 482 for MDST SJRN
Choose two of the following (6.0 credits):
- WSSD 300 Co-Op experience
- WSSD 350 Sport in North America (not an elective for MDST SPBU or SJRN majors)
- WSSD 375 Prevention and Care of Athletic Injuries (not an elective for ALHT SMED majors)
- WSSD 410 International Sport Issues and Industry Tour
- WSSD 452 Nutrition for Perform Enhance (not an elective for MDST SPBU or ALHT SMED majors)
- WSSD 454 Leadership Development (not an elective for MDST SPBU or MDST SJRN majors)
- WSSD 482 Coaching Effectiveness (not an elective for MDST SPBU, MDST SJRN, or ALHT SMED majors)
- WSSD 485/582 Sport Psychology (not an elective for MDST SPBU, MDST SJRN, or ALHT SMED majors)
- WSSD 486 Topics
- WSSD 498 Independent Study
- COMM 429 Topics: Sport Communications
- WSSD 551 Coaching of Sport (3 Credits) (for WSSD 480)
Interested in Athletic Coaching? Request More Information or submit Academic Program Change Request.