M.Ed. Online Teaching
Online Teaching - M.Ed. in Assessment, Curriculum and Teaching
The Online Teaching concentration of the Masters in Assessment, Curriculum and Teaching is designed for educators interested in learning the foundational tools and pedagogy for blended and online environments. With the explosion of online and blended instructional opportunities for students and teachers locally and nationally, this program helps prepare graduates to design and facilitate online classes by ensuring that they can:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of multimedia, Web 2.0 and current and emerging technologies for assessment, curriculum development and instruction.
- Examine innovative teaching methods to foster student learning for different modes of delivery (face-to-face, flipped, blended, fully online).
- Apply the phases of an instructional design model to the development of curriculum that is reflective of mode of delivery.
- Create varied and targeted assessments that effectively measure student learning aligned to content standards and leveraging emergent instructional models.
- Develop methods of evaluating and improving curricular design through the use of student assessment data.
|Program Start Dates|
Fall A End of August
Fall B Mid October
Winter Mid December
Spring A End of January
Spring B Mid March
Summer 1 Mid May
Summer 2 Mid June
Summer 3 Mid July
This Program is Designed for:
- K-12 Educators who want to develop Online Teaching Expertise
- Classroom Teachers Already Using Flipped and Hybrid Instruction
- Curriculum Supervisors and Technology Coordinators
- Current and Prospective Teachers Seeking an Edge in the Job Market
- Educational Administrators and School Leaders
- Accelerated Courses -100% Online
- Credits Meet Act 48 Requirements
- Coursework Linked to Practice
- Leads to PDE Online Teaching Endorsement
- Aligned with National Online Teaching Standards
- Builds on more than 50 years of experience of teacher professional development at the graduate level
M.ED. CORE COURSESEDFN 545 Advanced Educational Psychology (Fall 2023, Winter 2024) EDFN 601 Methods of Research (Fall 2023, Winter 2024, Spring 2024) EDFN 604 Education and Public Policy (Fall 2023, Winter 2024, Spring 2024) ACTE CORE & ONLINE TEACHING CONCENTRATION COURSES ACTE 630 Current Technology for Online Instruction (Fall 2023, Spring 2024) ACTE 625 Technology and Assessment for Learning (Fall 2023, Spring 2024) ACTE 632 Online Learning Environments (Winter 2024) ACTE 633 Learners in Online Classrooms (Fall 2023) ACTE 634 Legal and Ethical Issues in Online Education (Spring 2024) ACTE 635 Instructional and Curricular Design for Online Teaching (Summer 2 2023)
CAPSTONE EXPERIENCEACTE 699 Inquiry for Teaching and Learning (Fall 2023, Spring 2024)