Students who already have Bachelor’s degrees and are seeking initial teaching certification in Science, Social Studies, English, Mathematics, or a Foreign Language (French, German or Spanish) will work closely with the Educational Foundations department. In terms of coursework, you will be required to complete any certification subject area coursework that was not part of your undergraduate degree plus:
- Foundations Bloc courses (Requires clearances; includes field experience)
- Professional Bloc courses (Requires APS admission; includes field experience)
- A one semester student teaching experience
Certification while Working
- I'm interested - how do I get started?
- What clearances do I need / what if I have violations?
- What are the APS requirements? / What should I do if I don't meet APS requirements?
- Can I complete my certification requirements while working during the day?
- I'm currently an emergency certified teacher, can I do student teaching in my own classroom?
Philadelphia Urban Seminar