BSE Secondary Education
About BSE Secondary Education
Educational Foundations (EDFN) is the education home to secondary BSE majors. We believe strongly that teachers must both know the subjects they teach and how to teach them to students. Because of this belief, we value our partnership with liberal arts departments in providing education courses, field experience, and co-advisors for our undergraduate secondary education students. This partnership also includes content specific preparation. Please read more about the content area you are interested in:
- English Teacher Education
- Math Teacher Education
- Social Studies Teacher Education
- Science Teacher Education (Biology, Chemistry, Earth Sciences, Physics)
- B.S. ED. Special Education PK-12
- Foreign Language Teacher Education (Spanish, German, French)
All secondary education majors have a “co-advisor” within the Educational Foundations Department. Co-advisors are assigned according the major subject area and are listed below. Stop by their office and introduce yourself!
English/Foreign Language Majors
- Dr. Tiffany Wright - Stayer 425 (871-7202)
Social Studies Majors
- Dr. Sarah Brooks - Stayer 422 (871-4872)
- Dr. Nanette Dietrich - Stayer 423 (871-7325)
Post-bacc Certification and F&M Students
- English - Dr. Nakeiha Primus - Stayer 422 (871-4872)
- Science - Dr. Tiffany Wright - Stayer 419 (871-7330)
- Social Studies - Dr. Sarah Brooks - Stayer 422 (871-4872)
- What are the APS requirements?
- What should I do if I don't meet APS requirements?
- What clearances do I need for my education courses?
- What should I do if I think that I have violations recorded on my background clearances?
- Where can I get info about the Foundations Bloc?
- Where can I get info about Professional Bloc?