The following information has been compiled to help answer questions on the current global concern of COVID-19, with regards to international travel, international student enrollment, and study abroad programs. Please note that the IPS Covid-19 FAQ is managed/updated by IPS.
For further information on COVID-19 including official Millersville University communication, visit:
- MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION
- MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY CAMPUS-WIDE UPDATES
- CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL AND PREVENTION'S INFORMATION FOR TRAVEL
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE TRAVEL ADVISORIES (GENERAL)
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE'S COVID-19 TRAVEL ALERT
- OVERSEAS ADVISORY COUNCIL (OSAC)
- WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION (WHO)
- JOHNS HOPKINS CSSE - MAPPING OF NUMBERS UPDATED REGULARLY
- PENNSYLVANIA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Information below is up-to-date as of 1/23/2021.
- Study Abroad Participation: Summer/Fall 2021
- Study Abroad Participation: Winter/Spring 2021
- Study Abroad Fee Refunds
- Are admissions processes for international students affected by COVID-19?
- Can international students stay in their Residence Hall after November 21?
- Can international students travel between November 21 and start of spring term January 19, 2021?
Study Abroad Participation: Summer/Fall 2021
The COVID-19 situation is dynamic and IPS is monitoring various sources to make the best decisions possible as the safety and wellbeing of our students is our top priority. IPS will continue to evaluate the approval of future study abroad terms, based on the current conditions and travel restrictions in the U.S. and overseas.
Students interested in studying abroad in summer or fall 2021 may continue to apply on the Millersville Study Abroad website. A final decision regarding the cancellation of study abroad plans will be made by the following dates:
Study Abroad Term Decision Date Summer 2021 February 12th Fall 2021 March 18th
MAPS Proposals for future study abroad programs are still being accepted for winter 2022 and spring 2022. View the Faculty & Staff Resources website for more information.
Study Abroad Participation: Winter/Spring 2021
November 13th, 2020:
Decisions regarding studying abroad for winter and spring 2021 have been determined on a by-country basis. MU is cancelling all study abroad programs to the following destinations for winter and spring 2021:
- United Kingdom
Impacted students have received notice of program cancellation. For more information contact Education.Abroad@millersville.edu.
Study Abroad Fee Refunds
Students who apply for a study abroad program which is cancelled due to COVID-19 by the Office of International Programs and Services, the host university abroad, or a study abroad vendor, will be reimbursed their application fee(s), including the $50 Application Fee, the $500 Participation Fee, or the $60 Administration Fee. Students may request to defer these fee(s) to a future study abroad term, or be refunded the amount.
For other study abroad payments, refer to the Study Abroad Financial Policies for information regarding refunds, program cancellations, and withdrawing from a program.
IPS is encouraging students currently applying for summer 2021 and beyond, to delay all payments to host universities abroad and study abroad vendors until the official decision date has passed.
MU and your host programs may need to make decisions at a later date that may impact your ability to participate as the situation evolves. We strongly advise you to consider this when making financial decisions regarding your experience abroad.
Email Education.Abroad@millersville.edu if you have any questions.
Are admissions processes for international students affected by COVID-19?
The following flexibilities have been extended to international students during this uncertain time:
- Application fee ($40) and Deposit/Confirmation ($350) fees are waived.
- Students who are admitted and issued an I-20 (excluding conditional admit students) can begin their coursework at Millersville online from their home country.
- An F-1 Student visa is not needed to study at Millersville online. The eligibility for an I-20 is needed to demonstrate funding to the university.
Email International@millersville.edu if you have any questions.
Can international students stay in their Residence Hall after November 21?
Yes, this is possible. It is very important to notify Housing as soon as possible of your plans by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can international students travel between November 21 and start of spring term January 19, 2021?
If students travel during this time, it is important to remember that the situation with COVID-19 and travel restrictions can change quickly and with little notice. Your travel plans could be affected by this. If you do travel, be sure to get the appropriate signatures from IPS on your documents. Contact International@millersville.edu if you have any questions.