For more information about COVID-19 and Millersville campus, click here.
PARKING OFFICE HOURS (LEBANON HOUSE)
MONDAY - FRIDAY 8am - 4:30pm
VEHICLES ARE REQUIRED TO DISPLAY A VALID PARKING PERMIT TO PARK ON MU CAMPUS
MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY FROM 8AM - 4PM. PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO READ INFORMATION REGARDING THE PERMIT TYPE YOU NEED.
guests and visitors:
We can provide you an e-permit day-pass to park on campus, PLEASE READ the information below on how to apply online:
Visitors and guests can now apply for a visitor day pass online without the hassle of stopping by the parking office. A visitor/guest DAY pass is valid for just ONE DAY. You can apply for this DAY pass one day in advance of needing it. Once you complete the process, we will email the e-Permit directly to you. You need to print out this visitor e-Permit and have it displayed when you arrive on campus. If you unable to print out this e-Permit, you can stop by our parking office in the Lebanon house and we'll print out for you.
Applying is easy. You must create an account as a visitor/guest in our parking system, before requesting a visitor pass. This request is for a VISITOR day pass and is not intended for extended use or for enrolled students. The parking division office will not longer issue hangtag visitor permits.
Click HERE to be directed to our parking portal.
STUDENT PARKING PERMIT REGISTRATION FEES
2022/2023 ACADEMIC YEAR
|Permit Type||Full academic year 2022/2023||Fall semester only 2022||Spring semester only 2023||Summer semester only 2023|
|Faculty/staff/employee||Issued free of charge to all current faculty/staff/employees|
|Restricted/Overflow||$70||(Valid in west side parking garage only - Prince Street and Cottage Avenue)|
|Visitor day pass||Free - Visitor must go to our website and follow steps to apply online. Day passes are no longer issued from the parking office.|
|Vendor||$15 - Valid for one year from month purchased.|
|Secondary permits *||$15 - Commuters or Employees only|
Free - valid for one year from month applied. Verification required before any contractor permits are issued.
** Continuing education students (grad assistants) are required to purchase a parking permit just like any other student **
RESIDENT HALL PERMIT INFORMATION:
- IF YOU ARE RESIDING IN ONE OF THE ON CAMPUS RESIDENCE HALLS AND NEED TO HAVE YOUR VEHICLE ON CAMPUS, CLICK THE LINK BELOW TO APPLY FOR A RESIDENT OR OVERFLOW PERMIT.
- RESIDENTS MUST BE IN THEIR ASSIGNED BLUE LINED SPACE (BLUE PERMIT) OR OVERFLOW PARKING IN THE WEST GARAGE (ORANGE PERMIT) MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 8AM - 4PM. YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PARK ANYWHERE ELSE ON CAMPUS DURING THESE HOURS (INCLUDING THE FIRST WEEK OF CLASSES). AFTER 4PM YOU CAN PARK IN ANY WHITE LINED SPACE (NON RESERVED) ON CAMPUS.
- REIGHARD AND SHENKS HALL STUDENTS - Parking is provided to you, please contact Matthew Rutkoski (Matthew.Rutkoski@millersville.edu) to inquire about a parking pass to park in the parking lot directly outside each of these buildings. Living in Shenks/Reighard, your status will show you as a commuter. You can purchase a commuter permit to park in white lined spaces. Blue parking permits are not sold to Reighard/Shenks hall students.
Resident hall students will be assigned a blue lined parking space near your resident hall for the Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 semesters. We will make every effort to place you as close to your residence hall as possible. Click HERE to see a map of parking space locations.
Your assigned parking space IS YOUR PARKING SPACE. You must be parked in this parking space from Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm. You are not permitted to drive to your classes on campus between 8am and 4pm Monday through Friday. After 4pm weekdays you can park in any white space (not reserved with a sign).
If someone is parking in your reserved space, please do not park in someone else's reserved space. Park in a white line parking space closest to your residence hall and call us at 717-871-4357 or use the LiveSafe app to request an officer ticket the vehicle parking in your reserved parking space.
When/If resident permits are all assigned, you will only see the restricted/overflow permit when applying.
Click the link below to sign in with your MU log-in information and access our permit portal to apply for a resident permit.
Students commuting to campus from home or a local apartment can apply for a commuter permit. You will be assigned to park in WHITE LINE SPACES while on campus. Please avoid parking in reserved or any yellow or blue lined parking spaces.
Reighard Hall and Shenks Hall students - Please contact Matthew Rutkoski (Matthew.Rutkoski@millersville.edu) to inquire about a parking pass to park in the parking lot directly outside each of these buildings. Living in Shenks/Reighard, your status will show you as a commuter. You can purchase a commuter permit to park in white lined spaces. Blue parking permits are not sold to Reighard/Shenks hall students.
Click the link below to sign in with your MU log-in information and access our permit portal to apply for a commuter permit.
new and current Faculty/Staff:
Click the link below to apply for an employee permit. Sign in with your MU log-in information. Here is the link:
Events/Workshops/Conferences on campus
The parking office will work with you on providing an e-Permit for your event or workshop. Email the parking office at least a week in advance at firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know when and where your event is taking place and how many guests plan to attend. We'll create an e-Permit for this event and email it directly to you. You can forward this e-Permit email to your guests OR you can print out and issue the day of your event.
Employee guests and visitors
Please refer guests and visitors to the information above on how to apply for a visitor e-Permit. If you have a visitor or guest that is unable to complete this process on their own, you can email us the name of the visitor and date or dates required and we'll process a visitor request for you. If your guest or visitor is unable to print this e-Permit, they can stop by our parking office in the Lebanon house and we can print out for them.
All other MU permits:
Temporary employees, VOLUNTEERS, vendors, contractors, retired faculty/staff, university business
To apply for a parking permit, you must first create an account. Follow the link below to be directed to our parking registration system. Verification is required. Please have a Millersville employee contact us to verify your status and request.
Here is the link:
Parking ticket information:
Millersville university requires a parking permit to be displayed when parking your vehicle on campus. Permits are required on any vehicle on campus weekdays, Monday through Friday from 8am to 4pm. After 4pm weekdays and all weekend no parking permit is required to park on campus in a non reserved space.
If you do not display a valid permit, you may receive a parking ticket. Parking tickets are also issued for other various violations. Below is a list of parking fines and fees.
Parking violations, penalties, fines and fees
|Unauthorized parking in handicapped space:||$100.00 -$200.00*|
|Fraudulent registration:||$50.00 fee + Loss of parking privileges|
|No permit (FAILURE TO DISPLAY PERMIT)||$50.00 (+cost of permit)|
|** Persons who demonstrate that they had a permit at time the ticket was issued for NO PERMIT (FAILURE TO DISPLAY A PERMIT) can have the ticket educed to $20.00 for not displaying the permit in accordance with these regulations. The ticket will not be excused.|
|Parking in unauthorized lots or spaces||$25.00|
|Parking on grass (+ damages)||$25.00|
|Parking outside designated space||$25.00|
|Against the flow of traffic||$25.00 *|
|Less than 20 feet from crosswalk||$25.00 *|
|Within 30 feet of a stop sign||$25.00 *|
|Parking on private property||$25.00 *|
* The violations marked with an asterisk are violations of the Pennsylvania Vehicle Code and may not be appealed through the University appeal process. The operator will be cited for failure to pay the violation and may request a hearing before the local District Justice. State Citations may be issued at the time of violation for any State Violation.
Paying or appealing a Millersville university parking ticket:
Millersville university has moved to a new system for parking ticket processing, appeals and payments. Click the link below to be forwarded to our new parking system. To appeal a parking ticket, you must first create an account using TICKET APPEAL as your person type.
PARKING OFFICE DOES NOT ACCEPT CREDIT/DEBIT CARDS OR CASH (IN OFFICE) TO PAY FOR PARKING PERMITS OR PARKING TICKETS, YOU MUST USE THE MILLERSVILLE WEB PORTAL IF YOU WANT TO USE A CREDIT/DEBIT CARD. PARKING TICKET(S) CAN BE PAID AT THE OFFICE WINDOW WITH A CHECK OR MONEY ORDER OR YOUR MARAUDER CARD (STUDENT ID). MAKE CHECKS OR MONEY ORDER PAYABLE TO MILLERSVILLE UNIVERSITY.
NEED TO KNOW:
Parking permits are only required to be displayed during weekdays (Monday through Friday) from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- During these times you must have a valid MU parking permit to park on campus. You are permitted to park on Millersville Campus without displaying a parking permit after 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Non-student guests can apply for a visitor day pass using our parking registration portal. Weekend hours are also open on our campus. Weekend hours are from 4:00 p.m. Friday and ends at 7:00 a.m. the following Monday.
- If your student status changes from a commuter student to a resident (dorm) student (or vice versa), you must make sure the registration office has your correct information/status. If they do not have this correct information you may not see the correct permits available to purchase.
- If you change your vehicle, stop by our parking office and request us to add this for you. Vehicle registration is required. We are not responsible for any parking tickets received for failure to update your vehicle and obtain a new permit.
- Your inability to find a legal parking space is not our responsibility. If you do not find a parking space in the parking lot you are in, you must look elsewhere. You are responsible to park in a legal, lined parking space according to our parking regulations. Failure to park correctly could result in you receiving a parking ticket, which would be your responsibility. Please read all information regarding parking on Millersville campus by viewing our parking regulations on this website.