The Department of Nursing applauds your decision to continue your professional journey in nursing and offers several programs:
- RN to BSN is designed for those who have obtained their associate degree in Nursing or Diploma and RN license. The program is offered in two formats:
- MSN for those who wish to pursue an advanced practice role:
- Post-Master's Certificate
- School Nurse Certification is a post-baccalaureate program designed for the BSN wishing to gain certification through Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) for School Nursing.
- School Health Services Supervisory Certification is for the School Nurse Certificate holding a Specialist II Certification and a master's degree (five years experience in the area of supervision is required).
- The undergraduate (BSN), MSN/Nurse Educator, post-baccalaureate and post-master's certification programs have "rolling" (on-going) admission and no application deadline. The MSN/Family/Individual Across the Lifespan Nurse Practitioner program has a firm application deadline (February 15) and one admission term only (fall) for the Millersville cohort and September 15 for one admission term (spring).
- The Department of Nursing offers the BSN Program at a Harrisburg location and is taught by Millersville University nursing faculty.
- The Department of Nursing RN to BSN program has been improved to provide more credits for lower division nursing from the associate degree in Nursing Program.
- Includes three innovative nursing courses, two 100% online courses, and all other remaining courses blended (online and face-to-face)
- Capstone course involves student designed clinical
- Changes will provide flexibility to student's schedules
- Innovative course scheduling for the working RN
In January of 2018, the Department of Nursing achieved accreditation from the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) for the Doctor of Nursing Practice Program, Master of Science Nursing Program, including the Post-Master's Certificate and the Baccalaureate in Nursing Program through 2023.
CCNE Contact Information:
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
655 K Street NW, Suite 750
Washington DC 20001