Office: Caputo 318
Phone: (717) 871-7418
T: 7 am - 8 pm (online)
W: 9:30 am -10:30 am (online)
R: 12 pm - 2 pm (online)
F: 9:30 am -10:30 am (online)
Comments: Fall 2020 Office Hours to Take Place Online via Zoom. Contact Dr. Kennedy for details.
- B.S. Chemistry – Lewis-Clark State College, 2004
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry – University of California, Irvine, 2010
- Postdoctoral Fellow – University of Pennsylvania, 2010 – 2012
- Chemistry! Better Things for Better Living (Chem 101)
- Chemists Have Solutions – First Year Seminar (Univ 103)
- Organic Chemistry I and II (Chem 231 and 232)
- Advanced Laboratory I (Chem 391)
- Advanced Organic Chemistry (Chem 435)
Dr. Kennedy’s research interests are in the areas of synthetic organic, organometallic catalysis, reaction methods development, and chemical education. The central themes of his research include: design and synthesis of biologically active natural products and analogues; utilization of screening techniques to expedite reaction optimization and new reaction discovery; development of synthetic routes and synthetic methods that are environmentally conscientious. His chemical education interests are in the areas of active learning, cooperative learning, inverted classroom strategies, and developing undergraduate teaching laboratories that incorporating natural product isolation and synthetic methods.