Office: Caputo 220
Phone: (717) 871-7438
R: 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Comments: Fall 2019
- B.S. Secondary Education - Chemistry - Millersville University, 1982
- M. S. Chemistry, Shippensburg University, 1991
- Demonstration Chemistry Lab (Chem 102)
- General, Organic, and Biochemistry Lab (Chem 103)
- Fundamentals of Chemistry (Chem 110)
- Introductory Chemistry Labs (Chem 111 and Chem 112)
- Organic Chemistry Labs (Chem 231 and Chem 232)
About Prof. Jack Sipe
Jack Sipe joined the chemistry department as an adjunct professor in 2012. He has spent about half of his career teaching high school chemistry and the other half in higher education. While at Gettysburg College (1998-2011), he managed the physical science/chemistry portion of the Advancing Science Program, a pre-college outreach program that promotes high-tech, hands-on science education. Professor Sipe has worked as an adjunct professor at HACC, Harrisburg University, University of Maryland and Lebanon Valley College. He currently works as an adjunct professor in the chemistry department at Shippensburg University as well as working at MU. In addition to his time in academia, he has worked as an analytical chemist focusing primarily on the analysis of metals using: Atomic Emission Spectroscopy, X-ray Fluorescence Spectroscopy and Atomic Absorptions Spectroscopy (flame and graphite furnace) in both the ferrous and non-ferrous metals industries.
Jack Sipe has presented papers at state, national and international conventions including Pennsylvania Science Teachers Association, National Science Teachers Association, TI – Technology Conferences and International Chem-Ed Conventions.