Office: McComsey Hall, Room 223
Phone: (717) 871-7159
Comments: No in person office hours for Fall 2020. All office hours are via phone or video-conference appointment. Please email for more information.
- Ph.D. McMaster University (Hamilton, Ontario, Canada), 2002
- M.E.S. University of Waterloo (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada), 1996
- B.E.S. University of Waterloo (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada), 1995
Dr. Cuthbert joined the Geography Department in the fall of 2001. Her research interests include transportation-land use interactions, urban land development, and urban environmental issues. Dr. Cuthbert's dissertation examined urban land development and road development in the Halifax-Dartmouth region of Nova Scotia. Understanding the relationship between transportation and land use is critical in addressing such issues as urban sprawl and traffic congestion. Dr. Cuthbert's teaching interests include food system sustainability, energy sustainability and planning issues.
- GEOG 120 Human Geography
- GEOG 228 Geography of Sport
- GEOG 248 Geography of Africa
- GEOG 278 Transportation Geography
- GEOG305 Energy Sustainability
- GEOG 372 Urban and Regional Planning