Online Student Support Resources
As a student of Millersville’s Online Programs, you do have access to a variety of academic and student support services throughout your program. These are in place to assist you along a challenging and formative experience here at Millersville University.
Please also feel free to contact the Office of Online Programs at (717)871-7200 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
- Student Support Specialists
- Academic Advisor
- Financial Aid
- Billing / Office of Student Accounts
- McNairy Library
- Writing Center Services
- University Store / Textbooks
- IT Help Desk / Technical Support
- Experiential Learning & Career Management
- Learning Services / Academic Accomodations
- Counseling Services
- Student Photo ID Cards
- On-Campus Parking
- Roadmap to Enrollment
Student Support Specialists
All online undergraduate students will be assigned a Student Support Specialist who will assist them throughout their program with any and all non-advisement questions. Please feel free to reach out to your Student Support Specialist at any point during your program!
To connect with your Student Support Specialist, please contact the Office of Online Programs at 717-871-7200 or email@example.com.
During your online program at Millersville, you will also be assigned an academic advisor to assist you in planning and enrolling in courses. You can contact your advisor for assistance with your academic course plan, enrolling in courses, and advisement assistance. Advisors are typically assigned closer to the start of your program. We do recommend connecting with your advisor before registering for any courses.
If you are planning on using Financial Aid for your online program, please be sure to fill out the FAFSA as soon as possible. Please contact the Office of Financial Aid with any questions on your financial aid or FAFSA.
You can visit the Office of Financial Aid website or contact them directly at 717-871-5100.
Office of Financial Aid Hours-
- Standard Hours: Mon-Fri. 8:00am to 4:30pm EST (mid-Aug. to mid-May)
- Summer Hours: Mon-Fri. 8:00am to 4:00pm EST (mid-May to mid-Aug.)
*Please note, financial aid is not available in the optional winter term*
Blling / Office of Student Accounts
For any questions on payment options or payment plans you can connect with our Office of Student Accounts (formerly the Bursar's Office). Please feel free to visit the Office of Student Accounts website or contact them directly at 717-871-5101.
You can also view your current bills by clicking on the MAX icon from the MU logins page. You will then need to click “Student Accounts” and “View E-Bill”.
You can find additional information on payment plans and deadlines to enroll in payment plans on the Installment Plan page of the Student Accounts website.
Office of Student Accounts Hours- Mon.-Fri. 8am-4:30pm (EST)
*Please note, payment plans are only available in the fall and spring terms*
As an online student, you do have access to all the library resources, both online and in-person, including research and writing assistance. Browse articles, books, eBooks, and video collections to gather all the best sources for your project. Not finding the books you need? Request it via E-Z Borrow for delivery to the library within 4 business days.
For any other library questions, call 717-871-7110, use the online chat option at library.millersville.edu, or stop in! (You will need a Millersville Student Photo ID card to check out books).
Writing Center Services
The Writing Center is a valuable resource for your paper-writing and editing needs. The Writing Center offers a combination of free in-person and/or online tutoring, depending on your needs.
For in-person sessions, you may either schedule ahead for 30-minute in-person appointments or simply walk-in for first-come, first-served service at McNairy Library, Room 106.
For online tutoring or more information, visit the Writing Center website or call 717-871-7389.
- Mondays-Thursdays 1:00-9:00 p.m.
- Sundays 6:00-9:00 p.m.
University Store / Textbooks
Fun Fact: It is a common misconception that the MU University Store does not carry books or materials for online courses. To the contrary, the University Store is a great resource for online students!
If you would like to review required texbooks or purchase your books for the start of each term, visit the virtual store.
To search for required text books, you can also follow the steps below:
- Log on to MAX- https://www.millersville.edu/logins/.
- Select Student Services.
- Select Book Store - Order Books.
- Select the appropriate term, and click Submit.
- Click Submit, and you will be redirected to the book store website with a list of all required materials.
IT Help Desk / Technical Support
The IT Help Desk provides technical support for online students through a variety of channels, including remote-in troubleshooting services for students who are unable to drop-off their machines at the Boyer office.
Need some help? Try our online support or call the Help Desk at 717-871-7777.
Help Desk Hours:
- Fall/Spring hours: Mon-Thurs 7a.m. – 7p.m.; Fri 7a.m. 5p.m.
- Summer hours: Mon-Fri 7a.m. – 5p.m.
Experiential Learning & Career Management
The ELCM offers a variety of career support services to online students. These include resume critiques, help with job searches via the Career Connections database, and even mock phone interviews! In addition to acquiring the skills, knowledge, and degrees that you need in your field, make sure to tap into these career services.
For more information, feel free to visit the Career Services website!
Learning Services / Academic Accommodations
The Office of Learning Services provides individualized support to students needing academic accommodations, learning assistance, auxiliary aids, and/or assistive technology.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to the Office of Learning Services at 717-871-5554 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss any of your support needs. For in person visits, the Office of Learning Services is located at 352 Lyle Hall.
You can also visit the Office of Learning Services website for more information!
As an online student, you do also have access to our counseling services should you ever need them throughout your program. You can visit the Counseling Services website, visit the Counseling Center in person at Lyle Hall 3rd Floor, or contact them at 717-871-7821 for any assistance.
What can the Counseling Center Offer Me?
- Counseling for issues including, but not limited to, anxiety, depression, eating disorders, family problems, grief, homesickness, interpersonal problems, lack of motivation, stress, poor study skills, and test anxiety.
- Crisis intervention for students concerned with their own or another's safety and well-being.
- Adjunct resources such as bibliotherapy, light box therapy, and pet therapy.
- Alcohol and other drug counseling for students who are concerned about their substance use.
- Consultation for students, family, faculty and staff who are concerned about the mental health of a student.
- Outreach activities to educate and support students.
- Support groups including a coping skills group, a peer support group, and a substances and relationships group.
Counseling Services hours:
Student Photo ID Cards
While Photo ID Cards are optional for online students, you may wish to obtain one so that you have in-person access to the library. Visit the University Services Office in Boyer Building, Room 123 to obtain your ID card.
You are welcome to submit a photo ahead of time by logging in with your credentials here, but you must pick up the card during business hours Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
You may be taking courses entirely online, but you are certainly welcome to visit campus! Stop in the parking office in the Lebanon House for a free one-day pass when you visit. If you expect to come to campus regularly, you will be required to purchase a parking permit through your MAX student account portal.
Roadmap to Enrollment
For additional online student support resources and information, please view our Roadmap to Enrollment online!
- Search for Online Courses
- Search through all available online courses by term, level (undergraduate or graduate), and method (fully-online or blended).
- Tuition & Fees for Undergraduate Students (Fall 2018 & Spring 2019)
- Check this document for exact tuition & fees for undergraduates; this includes costs for both fully online & face-to-face students, as well as in-state & out-of-state.
- Online Programs Student Forms
- Visit this page for a complete list of student forms used by the Office of Online Programs, such as Change of Delivery (COD) forms and Admission Response forms.
- Search for Online Courses
Office of Online Programs
Lyle Hall, Room 208
PO Box 1002
Millersville, PA 17551
Hours: Mon. - Fri. 8:00am to 5:30pm