Department of Early, Middle & Exceptional Education Professional Development Program (PDS)
PDS Mission Statement
The mission of the Millersville University Early, Middle, and Exceptional Education Professional Development Program along with our district professional development schools is to work towards the followings goals:
- To enrich the educational experiences of all children.
- To provide a high quality introduction into the profession of education for new teachers.
- To further our own professional growth as school and university based teachers and teacher educators.
- To conduct work with all school partners in ways that are unbiased, fair, and just for everyone in the school community. PDS partnerships provide safe environments where all students can learn, all students are comfortable, and all students are secure and physically, emotionally, and intellectually out of harm’s way.
EMEE PDS Partner School Districts
Hempfield School District https://www.hempfieldsd.org
Conestoga Valley School District https://www.conestogavalley.org/
ELANCO School District https://www.elanco.org
Lampeter-Strasburg School District https://www.l-spioneers.org/
Manheim Township School District https://www.mtwp.net/
Penn Manor School District https://pennmanor.net
York Suburban School District www.yssd.org
1. Sign up as a future PDS intern using the EMEE PDS Interm form.
2. Register for the PDS information Zoom meeting which is scheduled for February 23, 2021 from 12:00noon to 1:00pm. Register in advance for this meeting at https://millersville.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJMuceuspz4sHtYn94v30FLAfVJVB8h0gPfZ. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
3. March/April Virtual PDS interviews.
4. Placements and 2021-22 handbook.
For Information on the EMEE PDS program contact:
Dr. Kimberly Heilshorn
Associate Professor - Department of Early, Middle & Exceptional Education
Coordinator - EMEE Professional Development School (PDS)