Office: McComsey 247
T: 9:45-10:45 AM
W: 10:00-1:00 PM
R: 9:45-10:45 AM
Comments: Email for Zoom Link
- B.A., Carnegie Mellon University
- M.F.A., Brooklyn College
- M.A., University of Maryland College Park
- Ph.D., University of Maryland College Park
- Literacy Narratives
- Multicultural issues surrounding literacy
- African American literature and rhetorical traditions
- Writing pedagogy
Chester Himes, David Mamet
- ENGL 110: English Composition
- ENGL 241H: Topics in World Literature
- ENGL 242: Hip Hop Culture
- ENGL 280: Defining the Color Line
- ENGL 333: African American Literature I
- ENGL 334: African American Literature II
- ENGL 430 Ethnic American Literature since 1945
- ENGL 442: Drama
- WRIT 312: Technical Writing
- AFAM 201: Introduction to African American Studies
- University 103: Telling Your Story
- EMGT 603: Professional and Technical Writing for Emergency Managers
- English Club advisor
- African American Studies faculty
Passions and Distractions:
- Ultimate frisbee
- “Teaching Dutchman, Chappelle’s Show, and Arguments along the Color Line.” Approaches to Teaching Amiri Baraka’s Dutchman. Eds. Matthew Callihman and Gerald Early. MLA Pedagogy Series. New York: 2018. 167-76.
- "What Paltry Learning in Dumb Books! Teaching the Power of Oral Narrative." Teaching Africa: A Guide for the 21st Century. Eds. Brandon D. Lundy and Solomon Negash. Indiana University Press. 2013. 156-162.
- "Citizen Orator in the West African Savannah." Rhetoric in Rest of the West. Ed. Shane Borrowman, Robert Lively, and Marcia Kmetz. Cambridge Scholars Publishing. 2010. 119-138.
- "Rhetoric of Race: Critical Pedagogy without Resistance." Teaching English in the Two-Year College 36.3 (March 2009): 244-256.
- "'Who Taught You Like That!?' A Study of Communicative Role Models and Academic Literacy Skills." Composition Forum 19 (Spring 2009).
- "Richard Wright and His White Audience: How the Author's Persona Gave Native Son Historical Significance." In Richard Wright's Native Son. Ed. Anna Maria Fraile. Amsterdam: Rodopi, 2007. 3-20.