- Ph.D. in English with specialization in Rhetoric and Composition, Kent State University, May 2003
- M.A. in English Language and Literature, The College of New Jersey, 1992
- B.A. in English, The College of New Jersey, 1992
- Public and Civic Discourse
- Civic Engagement
- Grounded Theory
- Discourse Analysis and Critical Discourse Analysis
- Editing and Publishing
- ENGL 110: English Composition
- ENGL 472: Digital Portfolio
- ENGL 466: Special Topics in Writing Studies
- ENGL 672: Graduate Seminar in Rhetoric and Composition
- WRIT 273: Writing in the Disciplines
- WRIT 316: Business Writing
- WRIT 311: Advanced Composition
- WRIT 317: Editing for Publication
- WRIT 342: Reading & Writing for Civic Change
- UNIV 103: University Seminar
- WSTU 491: Special Topics in Women's Studies: Creativity, Innovation, and Engagement
- Made in Millersville Journal
- Made in Millersville Conference
- Academy of American Poets
- Engage for Change Journal
- Writing Studies Committee
- Writing Center
Community and Club Connections:
- Millersville University's "Day of Caring"
- Order of the Swans: Harry Potter Alliance Club
- Water Street Ministries
Passions and Distractions:
- Reading: Historical Fiction, Creative Nonfiction, Nonfiction, Academic Scholarship on Empathy, Civic Engagement, and Public Discourse
- Writing: Academic Scholarship on Citizen Engagement, Civic Discourse, Editing and Publishing
- Swimming, Running, Hiking, Biking, Disc-golfing
- Nature and the beach
- Baking and gardening
- My kids, my dog, and my cats
- “The Problems and Possibilities Of Creating and Sustaining A Multidisciplinary, Undergraduate, Digital Journal” with Tatiana Pashkova-Balkenhol. Scholarship and Practice of Undergraduate Research. 4 (4). (Summer, 2021).
- The Transportable Writing Tool: A Guide for Writing & Revising. Revised Printing. Second Edition. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt. (2020).
- The Transportable Writing Tool: A Guide for Writing and Revising. Kendall Hunt. Dubuque, IA. (2016).
- "Citizens on the Sideline: Using CDA as Method and Praxis to Involve Citizens and Negotiate Changes in City Council Meetings." Discourse Studies in Diverse Settings. Multilingual Matters Series. Ed. L. Grujicic-Alatriste. (June 2015).
- "Power and Access in the Public Hearings of City Council Meetings." Discourse & Society. 24(4). July, 2013.
- "Citizen (In) Action: The Limits of Civic Discourse in City Council Meetings." Critical Discourse Studies. 10 (1). January, 2013.
- "A Grounded Theory Approach to Studying Writing and Literacy." Practicing Research in Writing Studies. Eds. K. Powell & P. Takayoshi. Hampton Press (Co-authored with Christina Haas). July, 2012.
- "Preparing Students for Active and Informed Civic Discourse." TETYC. National Council of Teachers of English, Sept. 2010