Dr. Yufeng Zhang
Associate Professor of English
Office: McComsey 358
Comments: Sabbatical Leave
- B.A. English, Shanghai International Studies University, China
- M.A. English as a Second Language, University of Toledo, Ohio
- Ph.D. English as a Second Language, Purdue University, Indiana
- Teaching English as a Second Language
- Second Language Writing
- Rhetoric and Composition
- ENGL 110: English Composition
- ENGL 220:Introduction to Language Study
- ENGL 460/660: Teaching ESL Listening and Speaking
- ENGL 463/663: Applied Linguistics
- ENGL 464/664: Teaching English as a Second Language
- WRIT 311: Advanced Composition
- WRIT 316: Business Writing (for ESL students)
- “English Teacher Identity Development through a Cross-border Writing Activity.” Transnational Writing Education, edited by X. You. Routledge, July 2018.
- “中美“跨界互动”中职前ESL 教师的身份构建 [Pre-service ESL Teacher Identity Development through a Cross-border Writing Activity].” 现代外语 [Modern Foreign Languages], 41, January 2018.
- "College Writing in China and America: A Modest and Humble Conversation, with Writing Samples," co-authored with Patrick Sullivan and Fenglan Zheng. College Composition and Communication. December 2012.
- "Task Representation & ESL Writers' Prior Writing Experience: A Case Study." In P. Sullivan, H. Tinberg, & S. Blauin (Eds.), What is ‘College-Level' Writing? Volume 2: Assignments, Readings, and Sample Student Writing, online edition. National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE). 2010.
- Book Review: "Reading Chinese Fortune Cookie: The Making of Chinese American Rhetoric (Utah State University Press, 2006)." Journal of the Assembly for Expanded Perspectives on Learning. Winter 2008.