Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
Millersville University is required to process financial aid in accordance with federal and state regulations and may adjust your awards at any time if your eligibility changes. The Office of Financial Aid has Terms & Conditions that students are required to read and accept before financial aid can be credited to their account that details reasons why awards may be adjusted and the student's responsibility regarding their aid.
- The Office of Financial Aid's Terms & Conditions apply to all financial aid awards including but not limited to federal grants and loans, state aid programs, private loan programs, scholarships, external awards, etc..
- The Financial Aid Terms & Conditions must be completed every year before any aid funds can be credited to a student's account.
- All active, confirmed students will be sent an email notification from the Office of Financial Aid to notify them when the requirement is available to complete on their account.
- Terms & Conditions are accessible through your myVILLE Student Portal under Financial Aid Requirements.
- Once you click on the requirement for Terms & Conditions you will be redirected to your MAX account where you will be required to read information and check off that you understand and agree to the terms of your awards.
Common Reasons Aid can be Adjusted
Your initial financial aid offer is based on the information on your FAFSA, your anticipated/expected enrollment (how you were admitted to MU), your housing plans, and residency status. The Office of Financial Aid will automatically adjust awards once changes are discovered, however, it is extremely important to notify the Office of Financial Aid ahead of time to ensure your awards are accurate before the semester begins.
Eligibility may change if:
- additional FAFSA information is received.
- new information is discovered during the verification of your FAFSA data, if selected.
- there are changes to your need calculation.
- additional financial aid is awarded after your original offer.
- your housing plans change (living on-campus in the residence halls, commuting from home with parents, living off-campus in an apartment/home)
- enrollment changes occur such as:
- you make enrollment changes before the semester begins and/or during the add/drop period of the semester.
- your courses are dropped from your schedule for non-attendance.
- if you withdraw or take a leave of absence from the university before the semester has ended.
- if you are considered an unofficial withdraw by the Registrar's Office.
- you are taking courses outside (not required for) your program of study [Course Program of Study (CPOS)].
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements are not met.
Adjustments may result in the reductions, cancellation or repayment of funds.
Summary of Terms & Conditions
You must read and accept the Terms & Conditions of your awards before any funds can be credited to your account. For a summary of the Terms & Conditions and what you can expect to see when you log into your MAX Account, please see below:
- You will be presented with the option to click a link and read the full Term & Conditions of your awards. Click here to read the full terms & conditions of your awards.
- After being presented with the full Terms & Conditions in your MAX Account, you will be asked to check off that you have read them in their entirety and acknowledge the following:
- I understand my eligibility for federal and state aid is based on the information I listed on my FAFSA application and if selected, through the verification process.
- I understand I have the right to decline any or all of the sources of aid listed on my award statement, and that if I wish to do so I need to contact the Office of Financial Aid.
- I understand that the Office of financial aid reserves the right to review and modify my financial aid awards at any time. Reasons that an adjustment may occur to my financial aid include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Changes in my degree, enrollment, housing, and/or residency status.
- My receipt of additional funding was not listed on the original award statement I received. this includes private scholarships, vocational rehabilitation assistance, tuition waivers, employee tuition assistance, etc.
- My failure to sign appropriate documentation at the request of the Office of Student Accounts or the Office of Financial Aid.
- My failure to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by Millersville University SAP Policy Statement. Failure to maintain SAP will jeopardize my eligibility for federal, state, and some private sources of financial aid.
- My enrollment in courses is not in my program of study. Federal aid can only be applied toward credits that are included in my Course Program of Study (CPOS). Please refer to your Degree Audit for courses in your program.
- Changes in my family circumstances that could have an impact on my financial aid eligibility.
- You will then be asked to check off that you understand the following student responsibilities:
- I understand it is my responsibility to notify the Office of Financial aid of any changes to my degree, enrollment, housing, and/or residency status.
- I understand it is my responsibility to notify the Office of Financial Aid of any private scholarships, vocational rehabilitation assistance tuition waivers, employee tuition assistance, etc.
- I understand that the Terms & Conditions of my financial aid awards are subject to change at any time as a result of federal, state, and/or institutional regulation updates.
- I understand that Millersville University is required to implement these regulations, and if changes are made to such policies it may have an effect on my financial aid.
- By accepting the Terms & Conditions of my awards I agree that I have read, understand, and am legally bound to the information provided to me on the Terms & Conditions of my awards