Student Financial Services Terms and Conditions
Both the Office of Financial Aid and the Office of Student Accounts have Terms & Conditions that students are required to read an accept once they are an admitted and a confirmed student with Millersville University .
- The Office of Student Accounts Terms & Conditions are presented to students when they first log into their MAX Account online.
- The Office of Financial Aid's Terms & Conditions apply to all financial aid awards and are available under the student's Financial Aid Requirements in their MAX Account. The Financial Aid Terms & Conditions must be completed every year before any aid funds can be credited to a student's account. All active, confirmed students will be sent an email notification from the Office of Financial Aid to notify them when the requirement is available to complete on their account.
Financial Aid Terms and Conditions
For a summary of the Terms & Conditions and what you can expect to see when you log into your MAX Account, please see below:
You must read and accept the Terms & conditions of you awards before any funds can be credited to your account.
- Click here to view the full Terms & conditions of your awards.
After being presented with the full Terms & conditions, you will then be asked to check off that you have read them in their entirety and acknowledge the following:
- I understand my eligibility for federal and state aid is based on the information I listed on my FAFSA application and if selected, through the verification process.
- I understand I have the right to decline any or all of the sources of aid listed on my award statement, and that if I wish to do so I need to contact the Office of Financial Aid.
- I understand that the Office of financial aid reserves the right to review and modify my financial aid awards at any time. Reasons that an adjustment may occur to my financial aid include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Changes in my degree, enrollment, housing, and/or residency status.
- My receipt of additional funding not listed on the original award statement I received. this includes private scholarships, vocational rehabilitation assistance, tuition waivers, employee tuition assistance, etc.
- My failure to sign appropriate documentation at the request of the Office of Student Accounts or the Office of Financial Aid.
- My failure to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by Millersville University SAP Policy Statement. Failure to maintain SAP will jeopardize my eligibility for federal, state, and some private sources of financial aid.
- My enrollment in courses not in my program of study. Federal aid can only be applied toward credits that are included in my Course Program of Study (CPOS). Please refer to your Degree Audit for courses in your program.
- Changes in my family circumstances that would have an impact on my financial aid eligibility.
You will then be asked to check off that you understand the following student responsibilities:
- I understand it is my responsibility to notify the Office of Financial aid of any changes to my degree, enrollment, housing and/or residency status.
- I understand it is my responsibility to notify the Office of Financial Aid of any private scholarships, vocational rehabilitation assistance tuition waivers, employee tuition assistance, etc.
- I understand that the Terms and Conditions of my financial aid awards are subject to change at any time as a result of federal, state, and/or institutional regulation updates.
- I understand that Millersville University is required to implement these regulations, and if changes are made to such policies it may have an effect on my financial aid.
- By accepting the Terms and conditions of my awards i agree that i have read, understand, and am legally bound to the information provided to me on the Terms & Conditions of my awards
Office of Student Accounts Terms and Conditions
The Office of Student Accounts (OSA), which handles billing, has a separate terms and conditions which covers several areas including payment/promise to pay, method of billing, method of communication, delinquent accounts/collections, withdrawing from the university and more. A summary of some of the information in the Terms & Conditions are below:
- I understand that when I register for any class at Millersville University or receive any service from Millersville University I accept full responsibility to pay all tuition, fees and other associated costs assessed, including late fees and interest, as a result of my registration and/or receipt of services.
- I understand and agree that if I drop or withdraw from some or all of the classes for which I register (whether voluntarily or involuntarily), I will be responsible for paying all or a portion of tuition, fees and costs in accordance with the published tuition refund schedule at
- I have read the terms and conditions of the published tuition refund schedule and understand those terms are incorporated herein by reference. I further understand that my failure to attend class or receive a bill does not absolve me of my financial responsibility as
- I understand that, despite my expectations for payment from financial aid or other sources, I am ultimately responsible for all charges incurred and costs assessed.
- I understand and agree that if I fail to pay my student account bill or any monies due and
owing to Millersville University by the scheduled due date, Millersville University will place a financial hold on my student account, preventing me from registering for future classes or on campus housing, or receiving transcripts.
- I understand and agree that if I fail to clear my student account by the scheduled
due date, Millersville University may assess late fees as approved according to University policy.
- I understand that Millersville University uses electronic billing (e-bill) as its official billing method, and therefore I am responsible for viewing and paying my student account e-bill by the scheduled due date. I further understand that failure to review my e-bill does not constitute a valid reason for not paying my bill on time. E-bill information is available at https://www.millersville.edu/osa/e-bills.php.
- I understand and agree that Millersville University uses my Millersville University email account as an official method of communication with me, and that therefore I am responsible for reading the e-mails I receive from Millersville University on a timely basis.
- I understand that I must abide by the official university policies regarding withdrawal from the
university. Withdrawal from the university, whether voluntary or at the direction of the university, does not exempt me from payment in full for charges incurred while attending the university. Similarly, simply ceasing attending courses does not exempt me from the payment of the course or courses. If I decide to completely withdraw from Millersville University, I will follow the instructions at http://www.millersville.edu/registrar/files/studentforms/LOA-WD-form.pdf or in the catalog or other policy which I understand and agree are incorporated herein by reference.