Comments: Dr. Mondello is on Maternity Leave for Fall 2022.
- B.A. in English, Stetson University
- M.A. in English, Stetson University
- M. Phil. in English, The Graduate Center, City University of New York (CUNY)
- Ph.D. in English, The Graduate Center, CUNY
Ecocriticism; Environmental Humanities; Romanticism; Nineteenth-Century Literature and History; Feminism; Animal Studies; Science Studies; Posthumanism; New Materialism; Transatlantic Studies; Poetics
Books, nature, art history, science, climate change, social justice, education, cultural studies, experiential learning, creative pedagogy
- ENGL 110 Honors Composition
- ENGL 241 Honors World Literature
ENGL 242 Reading our World: Environmental Literature
- ENGL 338 Folklore and Literature
ENGL 411 Romanticism
ENGL 686 Special Topics: Ecocriticism
WRIT 319 Science Writing
Passions and Distractions:
Reading; writing; being outdoors; spending time with my rescue cat Jody; arts and crafts with my toddler
- “Teaching Romanticism in the Anthropocene: Pedagogies in the Environmental Humanities.” Romantic Circles: Teaching (the) Romantic/Romantic Teaching, Vol. 2, Spring 2021 (Forthcoming).
- “‘Of Toads and Men’: Brutal Kinship in Emily Dickinson and Charles Darwin.” Journal of Literature and Science vol. 13, no. 2, Dec.. 2020, pp. 1-19.
- “‘Dark Ecology’: Race, Gender and the Environment.” European Romantic Review, Vol. 31, no. 3, June 2020.
- “The ‘grim Unreality’: Mary Shelley’s Extinction Narrative in The Last Man.” Essays in Romanticism, vol. 24, no. 2, Oct. 2017, pp. 163-178.
- “‘Perpetual Analogies’ and ‘Occult Harmonies’: Ralph Waldo Emerson’s Ecological Selves.” Romantic Ecocriticism: Origins & Legacies, ed. Dewey Hall, Lexington Books, 2016, pp. 105-122.