Office: McComsey 357
T: 2:30 PM-4:00PM
R: 2:30 PM-4:00PM
- Ph. D. in American Literature
- Early American literature up to 1860
- Religion and Literature
- Contemporary American ethnic literature
- ENGL 235: Early American Literature Survey up to 1840
- ENGL 421: Early American Literature Survey up to 1830
- ENGL 430: Contemporary American Ethnic Literature Since 1945
- WRIT 311: Advanced Composition
- WRIT 316: Business Writing
University and Program Connections:
- Adviser for Asian-Society of Millersville University
Passions and Distractions:
- Studies on Multiculturalism
- Ethnic Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Asian-American Studies
- Has served on Editorial Board of The Journal of Eighteenth Century English Literature since 2006.
- Has served as specialist reader for MELUS (The Journal of The Society for the Study of the Multi-ethnic Literature of the United States) since 2003.
- "Intergenerational Conflicts and Ethnic Identity issues in Finding My voice and Necessary Roughness." Comparative Korean Studies, Vol. 19, No. 1(April 30, 2011).
- "Language and Identity in Chang Rea Lee's Native Speaker." Studies in Contemporary Fiction (Spring 2006).
- "Cross-Cultural Experiences on American College Campus." Sogang English Studies 9(Winter 2000): 319-332.
- "Class and Self-Identity in Clay Walls." Melus: The Journal of the Society for the Study of the Multi-Ethnic Literature of the United States. Vol. 24. No. 4 (Winter 1999):125-136.
- "Mystic Selves: Edward Taylor and John of the Cross." The Journal of American Studies Vol. 31 No. 2 (Winter 1999): 323-40. (A refereed journal in Korea)
- "Mystical Spirituality in Edward Taylor's Canticle Poems.' The Journal of English Language and Literature Vol. 44 No.4 (Winter 1998): 911-26. (A refereed journal in Korea)