The Writing Center
- Are you having trouble starting your paper?
- Are you unsure if your paper makes sense?
- Do you have questions, or just need someone to look at your paper before handing it in?
The Writing Center tutors are here to help with papers, projects, and any writing-related needs.
Hours of Operation & Location
Our hours are Mon-Thurs 1-9 and Fri 1-4, and we are located in McNairy Library, Room 106. The Writing Center offers in-person, synchronous Zoom sessions, and online tutoring.
In-person appointments take place in McNairy Library, Room 106 during our regular hours of operation. Please call (717-871-7389) or email (Writing.Center@millersville.edu) to make an appointment.
Walk-ins are welcome but can only receive tutoring if a tutor is available.
We highly encourage you to make an in-person tutoring appointment as it is much more effective for helping with writing. If you can't make an in-person appointment, you can send a paper for an online session. For an online session, please e-mail the Writing Center at Writing.Center@millersville.edu, attach a copy of your work and a copy of the assignment for which the work was completed, and a tutor will review your work and send it back to you with guided feedback and comments within 48 hours.
We are now offering Zoom synchronous tutoring. Zoom sessions will take place during our regular hours of operation. Please call (717-871-7389) or email (Writing.Center@millersville.edu) to arrange a Zoom appointment.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT
To make an appointment, use Starfish:
- Go to MU Logins and Select Starfish.
- On Starfish, in the upper left-hand corner, click on the three-lines, scroll down, and select "My Success Network."
- Scroll down to the "The Writing Center" box, click the "Schedule" button in the bottom left-hand corner, and follow instructions.