Frequently Asked Questions

  • What is the Office of Student Accounts (OSA)?

    The Office of Student Accounts (OSA) processes all student and non-student accounts for the university. The office emails bills, collects payments, and applies financial aid. Refund checks are also issued from the office. All billing questions should be addressed to the Office of Student Accounts (OSA).

    Back to top
  • How do I contact the Office of Student Accounts (OSA)?
    • By email:
    • By phone: (717) 871-5101
    • By fax: (717) 871-7970
    • By mail: Millersville University Office of Student Accounts, PO Box 1002, Millersville, PA 17551


    Back to top
  • Does Millersville University send paper bills?

    No. Millersville University uses electronic billing (E-Bills). As soon as E-Bills are ready, an email notification will be sent to your email address. Authorized Third Party users will receive email notification at the email address provided. If you have a smart phone, sign up for MU Alert to be notified via text message.

    Back to top
  • How do I find my bill online?

    Email notification provides step-by-step instruction on viewing the bill. Students login to SAM at and your account balance will be displayed on the landing page. You can check term balances by clicking on Balance, and view term details by clicking on any term that is displayed.

    Authorized third parties log into the Payment Portal at and follow the same steps as students, outlined above.

    Students and third parties can print on-demand statements either from the main landing page upon login or by using the dropdown menu under My Account. Statements are able to viewed or printed. To save a satement, simply choose Print and then Print to PDF. 

    Back to top
  • Changes have been made to my account since the original bill. Where can I see my new total?


    Authorized third parties:

    The current account balance will always be displayed on the main landing page. Further details can be accessed by clicking on Balance and then each term you'd like to view.

    Back to top
  • Where can I access a statement that reflects current billing/payment/schedule information?

    Students: log into SAM

    Authorized third parties: log into the payment portal

    Just below the balance information on the landing page, past statements will be available to view/access. To create an updated, on-demand statement just click the On-Demand Statement option and choose the term you need. At the bottom, you will have the option to Close or Print - if you want to save an electronic copy, simply choose the Print to PDF option from the Print menu. 

    Back to top
  • I am a commuter. How do I add a meal plan to my bill?

    To add a meal plan online, login to myVILLE, select MAX, Student Services, Housing & Dining, click My Dining - Add/Change Meal Plan, select My Dining, choose your Dining Plan, Submit My Dining Plan Selection then close page. After the meal plan has been added, to view your new balance, log into: (students) or (third parties).

    Back to top
  • What is the due date of my bill?

    Due dates for general billing are available on the Office of Student Accounts (OSA) web page under Important Dates. In addition, due dates are available on your statement.

    Back to top
  • What happens if I don’t pay my bill by due date?

    Accounts not resolved by due date are subject to a $100.00 payment extension fee. You may also be prevented from registering for the next term if you are still carrying an unresolved balance. Viewing grades and receiving transcripts can also be impacted.

    Back to top
  • What forms of payment do you accept?

    Online: Credit Card or Electronic Check (ECheck) payments may be made online via the student’s SAM or, for third parties, through the Payment Portal login. Payments made via credit card are subject to a service fee of 2.95% or $3.00, whichever is larger.

    By Mail: Paper checks or money orders may be mailed to: Millersville University, Office of Student Accounts, PO Box 1002 Millersville, PA 17551. Please include the student M# in the Memo line.

    In-Person: Paper checks, money orders, or cash may be hand-delivered to Room 246 Lyle Hall. Cash payments are subject to IRS regulations.

    Back to top
  • I have financial aid. Does that mean my bill is covered?

    E-Bills should be reviewed to determine whether or not there is a remaining balance due. In some cases, financial aid may cover charges in full. If you have questions regarding your financial aid package, contact the Financial Aid Office at or 717-871-5100.

    Back to top
  • How do I let you know I am using a 529 plan to pay my bill?

    Send a copy of the request/verification form you submitted to your 529 provider to the Office of Student Accounts (OSA) by the due date of the bill. Be sure to include the amount requested, that it is being sent directly to Millersville, and your student ID number. Email to or fax to 717-871-7970. We will defer the authorized amount until payment is received from your 529 provider.

    Back to top
  • I received a scholarship. How can I apply that to my bill?

    If the scholarship has not already been credited to your bill, subtract it from the amount due and pay the difference. Please forward the scholarship check or a copy of the award letter (without restrictions/conditions-example: maintaining a certain GPA) to our office by due date. Email relevant documentation to or fax to 717-871-7970 - please include your student ID number.

    Back to top
  • How do I register for direct deposit or change the mailing address for refund checks?

    Log into SAM and click on the Refunds tab from the top of the page. In the Direct Deposit box, click on "Set up a new account" and enter the requested information. Directly deposited refunds generally arrive within 5 business days, versus up to 21 days before a check is received in the mail.

    Back to top
  • I’m not able to pay the entire amount due on my bill by due date. Do you offer payment plans?

    Millersville offers installment plans for the Fall and Spring semesters each year.

    Payment Plan Information

    Back to top
  • I have a hold on my account. What does that mean?

    A hold from the Office of Student Accounts will prevent you from seeing grades and obtaining transcripts. It may also keep you from accessing your schedule to add or drop classes for the current or future semesters. A hold usually indicates that there is an unpaid balance due on the account. As soon as the amount due is paid in full with cash, credit/debit card, money order, or cashier's check, the hold will be removed; past due amounts paid with a paper check will remain on hold for two weeks before being released and amounts paid with an electronic check will remain on hold for one week before being released.

    Back to top
  • I made an initial admissions deposit of $350.00 to attend Millersville University but I only see $150.00 credited on my Fall bill. Why?

    Students living on campus are required to pay a $350.00 non-refundable admissions deposit. $150.00 of that is applied as a tuition deposit which is credited to the Fall bill. The remaining $200.00 is applied as a housing deposit which will be credited to your Spring bill.

    Back to top
  • My account shows a negative balance due. What does that mean?
    A negative account balance means that an overpayment will be made to your account. In most cases, a negative amount will be returned as a refund. If you are enrolled in an installment plan, those payments may need to be reviewed/adjusted. A negative amount caused by a scholarship payment may have to be returned to the scholarship issuer, depending on their instructions.
    Back to top
  • My entire bill was covered by financial aid but there is still a small balance remaining, even though I received a refund. Why wasn’t the whole amount paid by the aid?

    Financial Aid awards from the federal government including Stafford loans, PELL grants, and SEOG are classified as Title IV funds. Regulations limit how the university can apply Title IV funds. Completing a Title IV Authorization will usually allow the university to pay those charges directly before issuing your refund. Submit this webform to grant Title IV Authorization for current and past charges.

    Back to top
  • How can I view a copy of the Financial Terms & Conditions agreement I accepted?
    Back to top
  • I no longer attend Millersville University. How do I make arrangements to pay my balance?
    Back to top
All MU Internal Transactions & Forms previously located here are now in the Quick Link of that same name.