Don't hesitate to take ADVANTAGE of the best deal on CAMPUS!
What is Marauder Gold?
Marauder Gold is a declining balance program that works like a credit card in reverse. Money deposited into your Marauder Gold account may be used to make cash-free purchases at various on and off campus locations that display the Marauder Gold logo. Having a Marauder Gold account is more convenient than carrying cash.
Who can join?
Millersville University students, faculty and staff who possess a valid Millersville University identification card are eligible to participate in the Marauder Gold program.
Can I participate in Marauder Gold if I have a DECLINING BALANCE ACCOUNT?
Yes! Marauder Gold has been developed to add services and more flexibility to your I.D. card; it can be used at the Bookstore, The Galley, the Game room and Copy Shop in the Student Memorial Center and the library circulation desk. Additional locations and services will be added in the future. Check the chart in this brochure for a complete list of campus locations. For an up-to-date listing of off-campus merchants, click here.
What happens if I lose my card?
If you lose your I.D. card, you can stop by the I.D. Office in Boyer Building or call the office at extension 7008 weekdays between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. to invalidate your account. You may also suspend your card at any time by visiting the myVILLE portal.
Can I check my Marauder Gold account balance at any time?
At the time of each transaction or purchase, your account balance will appear at the sales register. Marauder Gold balances may be checked online using myVILLE. Account balance statements also are available through the University I.D. Office on a special request basis only.
How much can I deposit and is there a minimum balance required?
You can open a Marauder Gold account with a minimum deposit of $50. There is no minimum balance required, and additional deposits of at least $25 can be added through-out the semester.
How do I open a Marauder Gold account?
For your convenience, your initial deposit can accompany your tuition payment. You may deposit to an existing Marauder Gold account online by using a credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa) or e-check via MAX. In-person deposits (cash or check) may be made at the Office of Student Accounts (OSA) on the first floor of Dilworth Building.
Can I take cash out of my account?
No, cash withdrawals are not permitted. You can only make deposits to your Marauder Gold account. Balances remaining at the end of any semester will carry over to the next semester and will continue to be held until graduation or official withdrawal from the University.
Add Marauder Gold to your I.D. Card and take "advantage" of Cash-free shopping both on and off campus!
Terms and Conditions
- Deposits to accounts may be made by cash, check, money order or credit card (American Express, Discover, MasterCard or Visa) or e-check. Marauder Gold accounts may be frozen for any returned checks used to establish accounts. There is a $35 fee for check and e-checks that are returned by the bank.
- Only one Marauder Gold account may be valid per person at any one time.
- The customer is responsible for monitoring the amount of each transaction, as well as for monitoring his/her account balance.
- Account balance statements are available through the University ID Office on a special request basis only.
- The customer is responsible for immediately reporting lost or stolen cards in person to the University ID Office. MU is not responsible for the use of any lost or stolen cards until the incident is reported. Upon notification, the ID Office will deactivate the account until the rightful plan owner has a new card processed or the plan holder reactivates his/her account in person at the ID Office.
- Marauder Gold is a pre-paid purchase plan. Monies deposited to this account may only be used at designated campus locations.
- Returned merchandise will be accepted according to the current return policy where the goods or services are purchased. Cash refunds will not be made.
- Account balances in the Marauder Gold plan will carry over to subsequent semesters. Refunds are given only in the case of graduation or formal withdrawal from the University.
- The cardholder agrees to abide by all rules, regulations, policies, and procedures specified by the University. Violations of such rules, regulations, policies, and/or procedures may result in cancellation of a cardholder's account. Future changes in terms or conditions regulating use of this card will apply to all cards in circulation and use at that time and will supersede the terms and conditions in effect at the time the card was acquired.