- Graduate application.
- MSW degree from a Council of Social Work Education (CSWE) accredited program.
- Official transcripts from previous colleges or universities (non-KU or MU).
- Three letters of recommendation: (1) from an academic source, and (1) from a work-related source, the third recommendation can be one of the options stated.
- Minimum of three years of post-MSW practice experience required.
- Curriculum Vitae or current resume.
- Essay: A five-page empirically supported discussion on a social work phenomenon of interest. The essay should follow the American Psychological Association (APA) writing style and grammar guidelines. Here is a link: https://apastyle.apa.org/style:grammer-guidelines/paper-format. To support the organization of your essay, use the outline below:
Statement of the Problem
- Personal Statement: A three-page personal statement describing how participating in the DSW program will help you achieve your professional objectives. Your Personal Statement should follow the APA style of writing, specifically mechanics and grammar guidelines. Here is a link: https://apastyle.apa.org/style:grammer-guidelines/paper-format. To support the structure of your paper, an outline has been provided below:
Personal Statement Outline:
Why did you decide to pursue the MU DSW Program with a focus on Leadership and Education?