Office: Old Main 334, Kutztown University
Widener University, Ph.D.; Temple University, MSW; Shippensburg University, BSW
Dr. Stoeffler obtained his Ph.D. in Social Work from the School of Human Service Professions at Widener University, his MSW from the School of Social Administration at Temple University and his BSW from the Department of Social Work and Gerontology at Shippensburg University. His practice experience includes child welfare, probation and parole, older adult protective services and family homelessness. He has held academic appointments specializing in macro oriented social work practice at Widener University, Temple University, West Chester University and The University of Valley Forge.
- Poverty and Social Work
- Organizations and Communities
- Social and Economic Justice
Inclusionof poverty curriculum in Social Work education
- Macro Social Work interventions
- Social Work professional identity
- Race Relations
- Spirituality and Social Work
Recent Publications and Presentations:
- Muslim non-profit organizations since 9/11: Impact of
externalevent on local organizations. Fourth Annual Conference on Social Work in the Global Environment, Kutztown University, November,2015.
- Using the advocacy spectrum to address the needs of families. Mid-Atlantic Council on Family Relations 2015 Conference, University of Delaware, Newark, DE,
- Lyman, M.J., Strayer, S.M., Koser, V.Z., Stoeffler, S.W., & Kephart, E. (2015). Integrating research and practice in baccalaureate field education through collaborative student/faculty research. Field Educator, 5(2), 1-8.
- Are we listening? Incorporating the perspectives of persons served
livingin poverty. 2015 National Association of Case Management Annual Conference, New Orleans, LA, September,2015.
- Poverty attributions of social work faculty. 2015 Graduate Student Research Symposium, Widener University, Chester, PA,
- The importance of white privilege: Self-awareness in professional development (with Sternberg, K). Fifth Annual Commission on Human Diversity Conference, Kutztown University,
- Secondary traumatic stress in child welfare. 2014 Chester County Children and Youth Services winter retreat,
- Context Matters: A Critical Look at the Eradication of Extreme Poverty and Hunger. Third Annual Conference on Social Work in the Global Environment, Kutztown University,
- Social Work Faculty Conceptualizations of Poverty. Widener University Doctoral Candidate Research Symposium, Widener University, Chester, PA,
- Faculty Conceptualizations of Poverty and Congruence with the NASW Code of Ethics. Council on Social Work Education 60th Annual Program Meeting. Tampa, FL,
- Mid-Atlantic Regional Representative/Board Member, Association for Community Organization and Social Administration (ACOSA)
- Work Group Member, Special Commission to Advance Macro Practice in Social Work
- Barriers and Best Practices Work Group Member, Mayor's Commission to Combat Poverty (Lancaster, PA)
- Advisory Board Member, Lancaster Bible College Social Work Program
- Member, National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Member, Council on Social Work Education (CSWE)
- Member, National Association of Case Management (NACM)
- Reviewer, Families in Society