Spring Break 2019
The spring break will start after classes on Friday March 8, 2019. The residence halls will be available for occupancy during the spring break, but resident students must register intention to stay on campus during the spring break no later than 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday March 6, 2019. This registration is for spring break only.
Follow these instructions:
- Open MAX (for best results please use Goggle Chrome, or Firefox, do not use Internet Explorer)
- Log into your My-Housing account
- Select Application from the menu in black and then choose Spring Break Housing Request on the drop down menu
- Complete the required information
- You must select a reason for requesting break housing from the drop down menu. If you select other, you must explain in the next box.
- Select “Continue” to submit your application – You will receive a confirmation e-mail
The Residence Hall Staff will conduct Health and Safety Inspections in each residence hall suite at the start of the spring break. Please carefully review the following instructions and information to avoid violations of the Student Code of Conduct for improper maintenance of your residence hall suite/room.
Spring Break Housing Information:
- The residence halls will be operational during the break.
- All University Administrative Offices will be open during the break.
- Guests and Visitation is not permitted during the break.
- Residence Hall Offices will have limited hours of operation during the break – see front desk for contact information.
- See Dining Services and Health Services web sites for hours of operation.
- Students are not required to surrender residence hall keys to the staff prior to leaving for the break.
- The Housekeeping and Facilities Management Staffs may be working in the campus residence halls to perform maintenance tasks during the break that require entrance to resident rooms. The Housing Staff may post a courtesy sign on your door indicating that the room is occupied. This sign will ensure that workers will not enter your room without knocking. Please leave it in place for the duration of the break.
Spring Break Preparation Procedures:
Prior to the start of the break, all resident students MUST:
- Dispose of all trash by removing it to the dumpster in the parking lots outside your residence hall.
- Clean the room/suite including sweeping the floor and wiping down furniture.
- Clean your bathroom and report any issues with constant run toilets, sinks, showers to the residence hall staff.
- Remove stale food from your refrigerator and properly dispose of it through proper trash removal
- If you are leaving for the break, turn off the lights
- If you are leaving for the break, set the thermostat to 70 degrees
- If you are leaving for the break, close and lock your room window (Villages)
- If you are leaving for the break, lower the blinds halfway but leave them open
- If you are leaving for the break, lock your bedroom door and your suite door
- If you are leaving for the break please move all items from your residence hall floor, especially computer equipment and any items that can be damaged by flooding.
- If you are leaving for the break and you have a Learning Services approved animal in your room, you must take the animal with you. You may not leave animals in the residence hall in the care of another student or staff member.