Frequently Asked Questions

  • When will I get my room and roommate assignment?

    On the date that semester bills are released, new students can log into your MyHousing Account to see your room assignment and roommates.

    Back to top
  • Can I make a room/hall change?

    Room changes are not permitted during the first week of classes each semester. This "freeze" period allows time to locate existing vacancies (though occupancy checks) and provides for a period whereby the residential population may stabilize. Room changes may be process on an "as-needed" basis throughout the semester (depending on availability of space). Anyone who wishes to make a room change must make an appointment to meet with their hall's Graduate Assistant or Residential Area Director.

    Back to top
  • What are my residence hall choices?

    Choices cannot be guaranteed due to space limitations.

    • East, South, and West Village
    • Reighard Hall - reserved 
    • Shenks Hall- reserved for upperclassmen
    Back to top
  • Can I bring a refrigerator for my room?

    Yes, as long as the refrigerator does not exceed 4.6 cubic feet.

    Back to top
  • Can I cook in my room?

    Only small microwaves that do no exceed 1140 watts are allowed in the rooms.  For more information about approved appliances, please refer to our Living On Campus Guide.

    Back to top
  • How are the residence halls cleaned?

    Suite-style residence rooms, including the bedroom, bathroom, and common area have to be cleaned by the residents of that room. The housekeeping staff in those halls will clean the hall-wide common areas, such as the study lounges, kitchens, and hallways.

    Back to top
  • What if something is broken in my room?

    East, South, & West Village Residents: To submit a work order, please go to this link and follow the instructions: 


    Reighard and Shenks Residents: If there is an issue with something in your room (e.g., HVAC not working, light burnt out, etc.) please go to your residence hall's front desk to request a work order. Please provide the staff with a detailed description of the problem.

    For issues with your Internet or cable, you contact Apogee. A support representative is available 24 hours/day to assist you:

    • Call support at 833-548-7747
    • Text ResNet to 84700
    • Email: support@myresnet.com
    • Chat live at MyResNet.com
    Back to top
  • What if I lose my room key?

    If you lose your room key, please contact a staff member in your residence hall and they will order a lock change. If you can not find a staff member in your residence hall, please call the University Housing & Conference Services' Office at (717) 871-4200 for assistance. You will be billed for the new keys and the lock core change. The lock change is mandatory and is made to protect the students from unwanted intruders.

    Back to top
  • Are my belongings insured by the University?

    Millersville University does not insure your personal belongings and does not assume liability for any thefts or damages. A parent's homeowner's policy may provide insurance coverage or you can purchase additional coverage through renter's insurance.

    Back to top
  • What is the visitation policy?

    Please refer to our full guest/visitation policy located in the Living on Campus Guide: https://www.millersville.edu/housing/living-on-campus-guide.php

    Back to top
  • Do I have to be on a meal plan?

    Yes, all residence hall students are required to have a meal plan. All residence hall students will be assigned a meal plan as part of the room assignment process.

    Back to top
  • What is campus safety like?
    • University Police work round-the-clock on campus and can be reached 24 hours a day at (717) 871-4357.  They provide escort service during the late night hours and patrol the campus including the residence hall areas at night.
    • Residence hall staff members are trained to deal with emergency situations.
    • Resident Assistants (RAs) are on duty in each residence hall nightly. Graduate Assistants (GAs) and professional staff are on-call nightly during the academic year.
    • There are fire alarm systems and smoke detectors in all halls.
    • Entrances and peripheral doors leading to residential areas are locked at all times.
    • All halls have electronic card access.
    Back to top
  • What shouldn't I bring?

    Please refer to the "What to Bring" page and also review our Living on Campus Guide.  If you are not sure about something, please give the University Housing & Conference Services' Office a call at (717) 871-4200.

    Back to top
  • Can I have a car on campus?

    Resident students who wish to park their vehicles on campus are required to have a valid parking permit. The permit can be purchased online through your student account (MAX). You will need to have your housing assignment from the University Housing & Conference Services' office, and your student ID card with you when you pick up your purchased permit at the Parking Office in the Lebanon House.

    New students will have the option to purchase the full year permit. Upperclassmen registration will open before freshmen students can apply.  For more information, please visit the MU Parking Division webpage at https://www.millersville.edu/police/parking/index.php

    Back to top
  • May I have a pet in the residence halls?

    Students may only bring fish in a one (1) gallon or less tank.

    Back to top
  • What should I do if I need accommodations for a medical condition or disability?

    Contact the Learning Services Office at (717) 871-5554, to obtain a verification form as soon as possible.

    Back to top
  • Where are the best places to study?
    • Residence hall study lounges
    • The library
    • The Student Memorial Center (SMC)
    • Classrooms in academic buildings

    Courtesy regarding noise is expected in all residence halls, seven days a week, 24 hours a day.

    Back to top
  • Who is responsible for the residence halls?

    The Department of University Housing & Conference Services manages the operation of the residence halls. The central office staff is comprised of a Director, an Associate Director, an Assistant Director of Conference Services, an Occupancy Coordinator, and a Department Secretary. Residential Area Directors (RAD) manage the residential life components in the residence halls. Residential Area Directors supervise student staff, coordinate educational programs, uphold policies and rules, manage emergencies, and are available when students need assistance with residential, academic, or personal concerns. Residence hall maintenance, repairs, and associated work is managed by the Maintenance Operations and Housekeeping teams.

    Back to top
  • Where can I do laundry?

    Laundry facilities are located in every residence hall. Students can pay for laundry either with quarters or by using Marauder Gold on their Millersville IDs. The cost for laundry is as follows:

    • $1.75 washer
    • $1.50 dryer
    Back to top