Interprofessional Education Certificate Program
The School of Social Work, in accordance with the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE) recognizes the vital role of social workers to the future of healthcare infrastructure within the United States. Social workers are working with interdisciplinary teams in a variety of settings, including veterans’ hospitals, healthcare facilities, substance abuse prevention and treatment programs, long-term nursing facilities, public schools, child protective services, and family service settings. As a result, it is essential that social workers be prepared for interprofessional collaborative practice.
In collaboration with The Office of Interprofessional Collaborative Education and Teamwork (ICE-T) at Penn State College of Medicine, the School of Social Work is offering an Interprofessional Education (IPE) Certificate Program for specialization year MSW students.
Students will demonstrate the ability to engage in an interprofessional team in a manner that optimizes safe, effective patient- and population-centered care:
- Apply principles of team dynamics, including shared knowledge and goals and mutual respect in interactions with other health professionals, patients and families.
- Enhance healthcare by using knowledge of roles and responsibilities.
- Communicate effectively with interprofessional teams.
- Successful completion of Introduction to IPE Workshop
- Successful completion of 2 Clerkships
- Successful completion of 2 Simulations
To Apply, click here: https://millersville.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8vwYZfBjTlVigBf
For more information and/or to register email Dr. Karen Rice at email@example.com.
All IPE events held at Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey, PA. Times vary and some are during the day.